How To Wash And Maintain Your Colored Hair Wigs?•
Posted on June 25 2023
As trends change, more and more people are turning their attention to their hair. Women aren't just content with natural or black hair either, dyeing their hair a different color is a way for them to be fashionable and change their appearance. In recent years, colored wigs have become more and more popular, and people like to change their style through it, which is very simple and convenient. For colored wigs, the maintenance of the wig is a key factor affecting its service life. To keep your colored wig in good condition and last longer, read this article on how to wash and maintain it.
How to wash colored wigs?
1. Prepare and comb your colored wig. Before you start washing your wig, it's equally important to do your homework. You'll need to use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to comb through the wig, starting from the roots and ending at the ends, making sure there are no tangles.
2. Wash the wig with warm water. After combing the wig, the next step is to wet it. Put the colored wig in warm water so that the wig is completely soaked. Avoid using hot water to wash your wig, as it can damage the cuticle of the wig, leaving the hair dry and brittle.
3. Apply shampoo to your wig. After lathering the shampoo into your hands, work it all over the wig from root to tip, making sure the shampoo penetrates the inside of the wig. It is recommended to use a shampoo specially developed for colored wigs, which is usually mild and can maintain the color of the wig. Then rinse with warm water until there is no trace of shampoo left on the wig. Dry the wig before applying conditioner.
4. Add conditioner to your wig. Repeat the shampooing steps above, gently massage and rinse with warm water after washing.
5. Make your wig dry out. After washing your colored wig, use a microfiber towel to blot excess moisture from the wig, which can turn the wig from dripping to damp. Try to choose natural air-dried wigs, so as not to damage the shape of the wig. Of course, if you must use a hair dryer, make sure it's on a low temperature, as high heat will dry out the wig.
How to maintain your colored hair wigs?
Reduce the number of wig washes. The more times the colored wig is washed, the faster the color of the wig will fade. To keep the wig color longer, try to wash your hair once or twice a week, up to three times. By reducing the number of times to wash the wig, it can effectively maintain the hair color and prolong the service life.
Choose the right cleaning products. Choosing the right shampoo and conditioner for your colored wig is very important. Ordinary shampoos may dry out or even fade the wig, so cleaning and care products designed for colored wigs are your first choice. There's nothing like a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
Use some heat protection spray. Prolonged use of heat tools can cause irreparable damage to the wig, so use of heat tools should be minimized. If in some cases you have to, add some heat protection spray to your colored wigs before using hot tools to minimize damage to your hair.
The storage of wigs is also very important. It is best to place the wig on a wig stand when you are not wearing it. This will help maintain the original shape of the wig and avoid tangles.
Keep your wig away from saltwater, chlorine and direct sunlight. This can strip moisture from your hair and even fade your colored wigs. You can apply some oil to your wig, this can help lock in the moisture in the wig and prevent it from becoming dry. In addition, it can nourish your wig and make it more shiny.
The above is about the washing and maintenance methods of colored wigs, I hope this is useful. For more questions and needs, please let us know by visiting Albonnie Hair.
How Short Hair Wigs...
If you are used to longer hair and are looking for something different, or perhaps looking for a wig style that is easy to wear and maintain, then ...Read More
Why Choose the HD L...
What are HD lace wigs? First, you need to understand why HD lace wigs are in great demand in the wig market. HD is the abbreviation of high definit...Read More
Unleash Your Bold S...
If you want a bold color, you can try 613 blonde hair. 613 Hair is an attractive option for women. This is one of the most common hair colors and s...Read More