How Long Do Lace Front Wigs Last?•
Posted on December 25 2022
Popular for its variety of hair designs and realistic and natural looks, lace front wigs are one of the best-selling types of wigs on the market. If you are considering buying a lace front wig, its longevity is a basic piece of information you need to know. How long do lace front wigs last? What are the factors that affect its service life? How to make a lace front wig last longer? Read this article, you will find the answer here.
The front has a transparent lace material that blends well with the skin, and the hair is hand-knotted on top, which makes it look like it's growing straight from the scalp. Lace front wigs are designed to simulate a natural hairline for a more natural look. Compared with ordinary wigs, lace front wigs are lighter and more comfortable.
How long do lace front wigs last?
There are many factors that affect the life of a wig. Generally speaking, a lace front wig can be used for 6-12 months. But if you take proper care and maintenance of it, it can even last for 1 to 2 years.
What factors affect the lifespan of lace front wigs?
The lifespan of a lace front wig depends on many factors, here are some factors that affect the lifespan of a lace front wig:
Materials for making wigs
There is no doubt that the raw material of the wig is crucial to the longevity of the lace front wig. In general, lace front wigs made from real human hair will last much longer than those made from synthetic fibers.
Frequency of wearing
How often you wear your lace front wig directly affects how long it will last. If you wear it often, its lifespan must be shorter than if you don't wear it often. So make sure your lace front wig gets a rest every two weeks. If you can, buy an extra and wear it alternately to prolong the life of your lace front wig.
Proper maintenance includes cleaning, usual maintenance, etc. With careful maintenance, you can keep your lace front wig long enough without buying a new one anytime soon.
How to make lace front wigs last longer?
To make your lace front wig last longer, here are some things you need to pay attention to.
1. Before wearing or washing your lace front wig, it is best to detangle the hair with a wide tooth comb to minimize tangles and shedding. NOTE: Avoid excessive brushing when the wig is dry.
2. Overwashing lace front wigs can make them brittle and should not be done too often. Generally speaking, wash once after wearing it 8-10 times.
3. It is important to wash your lace front wig properly, the wrong way can greatly reduce its lifespan.
Some dos and don'ts for washing a lace front wig:
- Wet the wig with warm water, never use hot water to wash the lace front wig.
- After your hair is damp, apply a professional shampoo and distribute it evenly through your hair with your fingers.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water until there is no shampoo or any suds left.
- Apply a small amount of conditioner and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Blot excess moisture with a towel and let the wig air dry.
Where to buy the best lace front wigs?
Alibonnie is a trusted wig brand that offers high quality lace front wigs in a variety of lengths, densities and colours. From colored lace front wigs, curly lace front wigs, and wavy lace front wigs to short lace front wigs, you can make any combination according to your needs. Come and buy cheap lace front wigs here, you are sure to find what you like from here.
1B VS 2 Hair Color
When it comes to hair color, there are a variety of shades to choose from. Choosing the right hair color can have a big impact on enhancing your ov...Read More
Go For Water Wave H...
Water wave hair is a textured style that mimics the look of natural waves. This is a popular option for those who want to add volume and dimension ...Read More
How Short Hair Wigs...
If you are used to longer hair and are looking for something different, or perhaps looking for a wig style that is easy to wear and maintain, then ...Read More